This was built for a group build on scaleplasticcars.com and was started May 2013
The theme was "Streetfighters", but as time rolled on this turned out to be a bad choice for this theme.
I decided that I would only use Tamiya rattle cans for this with detialing done by sharpie or gundam marker as an example of what can be done on the cheap.
Here is my entry pic.
I have a couple of ideas rolling round in my
head around mods to exhaust flow, tank and fender mods and maybe even
some stance changes by messing with the forks etc.
All just ideas
until i finish my current builds this weekend (between UFC160 and Monaco
GP) and a trip to the LHS to grab some styrene tubes etc to do some
First off this was probably not the best choice of bike to modify with my skillset but i'm gonna see it through.
Most of the mods will be done to the tank/fenders etc.
gonna try this on 'the cheap' so to speak and use up some of the rattle
cans ive had laying round taking up space in conjunction with sharpies
and gundam markers.
Original wheels are not gonna cut it.
This could be fun
Wheels painted but had to take a lot off the outside if i want the tyres to go on
engine and wheels in the dehydrator to cure the paint. Tyres sat in
there for a while on high to soften them up so they fit on the wheels.
Fenders etc painted
Painted and detialed with a Gundam marker
Extra parts attached to engine, you can see the early stages of engine paint.
Next issue, these discs are not gonna fit these wheels
Brake discs test fitted and im happy with the result of the scratching
Front forks done minus some final detials and hoses
Brake discs fitted and bolts highlighted with Gundam marker and a sharpie
Had to make a custom spacer from a cotton bud (ignore the bit of shrapel sitting in the rim)
Some more bold colours were needed so out came the sharpie again :-)
Finally some parts in the frame, this container was perfect size to hang the parts while the glue dries