This build is for international scale modellers 'non military figure' group build.
Started September 2013
I knew I had a couple of figures in the stash but during the cleanout
last weekend i found/remembered the Elfin Star wars figures I got a long
So my first entry (optimistic that ill at least be able to start a 2nd) is Elfin's 16th scale Boba Fett
The box is still in the cupboard but this is the kit
Right so out of the box we have
The helmet, torso and a couple of pouches
Legs and what ill call a utility belt
Arms and hands
Rocket pack and 'cape'
Small detial parts for the kneepads and the metal weapons etc.
thought I would work from the bottom up so started with the feet and to
get them to fit correctly I had to take a small amount off the pegs.
And he is up, will need some weight to stop him falling over once all the metal is on.
There are a few of these inperfections in the kit where air bubbles got into the mould but should be easily hidden/fixed
Regular scissors and this nail drill made the trimming quick and easy, parts finished with sanding sticks for a smooth edge.
Just cause I can Will stand about 1 foot high when complete. (part of the waist does need to be removed still.
Hand, utility belt pockets and cape tidied up
Helmet on, just need to tidy up the collar part
I found these glass beads on special at the local craft store, they are reasonably heavy and should go down the legs well.
First job was to give them something to stick to, so the legs got very generous squirts of hobby glue
And the beads poured in, followed by a bunch more glue.
More parts cleaned up, shoulder still to do
Quite impressed with the texture they got on the cape
Better pic of the metal parts.
Ok, thats pretty much everything cleaned up till primer reveals and more issues.
arms, helmet, rocketpack etc will be painted seperatley as the pose
means it would be near impossible to get to the torso under the arms
Thats it for now as I have a club build to get done soon and I want to order a set of the Minitaire paints to use on Boba.
Will be back on this in a few weeks
Very small amount of work done on this but I thought I better get
an update going as I hope to get more done in the next couple of weeks
Now my new airbrushes and paints have arrived ill be able to finish up some projects that have been languishing for a while.
Vallejo light grey primer was applied lightly over the whole kit.
The parts that will be cloth were painted with Minitaire Base Grey
First random splashes of colour thanks to minitaire, im not being careful with the painting to try and keep the weather and worn look start at the paint.
Base colour on the cape thing, this will end up closer to a muddy brown eventually.
Some brown for the belt, helmet and cords around the shoulder
Just getting some random colour down on the metal parts which will be tidied up later
Slow progress as he goes back in the tray while i finish off my local club build, see ya at xmas Boba.